Summer is flying by already! There are only so many days left to party BBQ style with family and friends. So today I want to give you one of my favorite corn recipes. It’s my take on a roasted chili corn salsa dip, and it’s a step up from your typical grilled corn recipe.
I’m also sharing some cute ways to spice up your BBQ family get togethers for the rest of the summer.
With these tips (and this delicious corn recipe), your summer party will be the talk of the neighborhood!
Creamy and Delicious Roasted Chili Corn Salsa Dip
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 pieces of Bacon, crumbled
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) bag Sweet Corn
- 1/2 cup of Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh Basil
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the bacon, cook and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add the chopped onion, pepper, red pepper flakes, and sauté until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the corn, and sauté until warmed through (you can even let the corn start to get browned for extra flavor).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and cooked bacon.
- Take off the heat, and sprinkle with fresh basil.
- Serve as a side dish on its own or as a dip with various chips or crackers.
I love this recipe! It takes the simple corn on the cob recipe to the next level!
Top Tips on Creating a Fun, Laid Back, and Turned Up BBQ
- Play music. Music always creates a laid back atmosphere. Make sure the music is not too loud where guests cannot hear each other speaking. A nice subtle background music always warms up the party. I love listening to the Margarita station on Pandora. It goes with the Florida summer BBQ theme.
- Hand out cute gifts when your guests walk in. I love these adorable summer themed cups you can find at Party City. Getting a small gift always breaks the ice and makes the atmosphere warm and inviting.
- Serve a fun drink in an oversized mason jar beverage dispenser. I love a great sangria recipe!
- Spice up your recipes. Try and turn your traditional BBQ up a notch (like the fun corn recipe I shared today). Make a different styles of stuffed burgers for guests to choose, or make a fun summer salad.
- If you have a pool, open it up and let the kiddos swim and play. Buy some cute rafts and summer themed toys like bubbles or a slip-n-slide. This is a great way to be able to have some drinks with the adults while the kids are preoccupied. We like to fill up a whole bunch of water balloons for the kids and let them go to town!
Summer is the best time to really enjoy the outdoors with family and friends. I hope you enjoy these new ideas for your next BBQ.
Happy summer, and happy hosting everyone!