Hi everyone! If you are new to this blog, and haven’t read what FF Cooking Club is all about, please refer back to my prior post, FF Cooking Club.
This week I selected a wide variety and all of them are delicious. Many of the recipes came from one of my favorite websites Epicurious. I have been using this website for my recipe index forever and they do such a great job of organizing and recommending great recipes. Like usual, I tweeked some of these recipes to make them my own and to add tastes that my husband and I love. Happy cooking everyone!
So what’s on the menu this week?
- This is a simple, easy 1 dish meal that uses all the in season summer produce.
- I did not press the chicken (I know it’s the title of the recipe)!
- I browned the chicken on both sides on the sauté pan.
- Then I added all the vegetables (mixed with olive oil, salt, and pepper) and baked it all in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Great, easy, and a healthy weeknight meal.
- This is a great chimichurri sauce, but here is my all time favorite chimichurri sauce that I use all the time.
- This recipe actually calls for most of the same ingredients for the sauce, with minor changes.
- I cook the steak on a grill pan.
- I turned this into an arugula salad and it was delicious.
- Saute the shrimp on the pan and place over arugula covered with the delicious sauce.
- You can add whatever ingredients you like to the salad and make it your own.
- I loved the tzatziki sauce which you can use with so many other recipes- as a dip, over chicken, or on a salad.
- This was a great spin on tacos.
- I used lean ground beef.
- I substituted the can of diced tomatoes for fresh tomatoes and used black beans instead of pinto.
- I left out the coleslaw mix and squeezed the lime over the entire ground beef mixture.
- Serve it with a side of my favorite yellow vigo rice.
Here’s your SHOPPING LIST for the week.
I loved trying all these recipes. They are all easy, delicious, and healthy weeknight meals. They also incorporate all the in season summer produce. I love cooking with fresh produce and think it makes such a difference in the flavor of your dish. Here is a great reference for all the in season summer produce. Have a great weekend and happy cooking everyone!