Hi everyone! If you are new to this blog, and haven’t read what FF Cooking Club is all about, please refer back to my prior post, FF Cooking Club.
Since having the twins, I have taken a small hiatus from writing cooking blogs. I am still cooking weeknight dinners, but just slowed down the writing. BUT I AM BACK!!!!! Lately, I have really been into clean eating and making very healthy meals- breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I have been working on getting back to my pre-babies weight and excited to feel good again:) So I have found this amazing website, www.eatingwell.com, where I am getting a lot of my recipes. I am excited to share some with you and some tips on how I lost the “twin weight”. So……………………………………..
What’s On The Menu This Week
- I am always a fan of one pot meals and meals that you can just throw in the oven- and this is that!
- I love salmon and try and cook at least 2 to 3 salmon dishes a month, but you can switch this out for any meat you like- chicken would be great
- I love adding diced pancetta on roasted Brussels sprouts although this recipe does not call for it- I think it gives the Brussels a bit more flavor
- This is just a very simple easy healthy meal
- Did you know that pork breasts are like the new chicken breast? LOL! Well if you are not a fan of pork, just swap this recipe with chicken breast.
- Pork is a very healthy alternative and jazzes up your boring chicken weeknight meals
- This recipe was AWESOME!
- I am OBSESSED with pearled couscous
- It is so delicious and a great healthier alternative to rice
- If you are craving a carbohydrate- this is the way to go
I hope you try some of these recipes out. Although healthy, they all have great, rich flavors and I honestly do not miss the other recipes. I love cooking and it is so fun to do these blogs and get a break from veterinary articles. I would LOVE to hear what you all are cooking and get some new weeknight meal suggestions, so please write in and volunteer to write for the FF Cooking Club!
My Top Tips On Losing The Baby Weight:
- Create a meal menu for the week and stick to it- for me, I always tend to stick to something if it is in a planned, schedule type thing. So I will plan out the weeknight meals, and get all the ingredients on Sunday for the week.
- Create an account with eatingwell.com and save your recipes so you can easily go back and make them again.
- Kayla Itsines workouts– girls this has changed my life- my sister in law, Jamie, told me about her a few years ago. She does 28 minute workouts on an app that you do at home 3 to 4 times a week. The workouts are intense and amazing. And who doesn’t have 28 minutes to workout? I am telling you……download the app now and start her videos. LIFE CHANGING!
- EATING HEALTHY- resists this goldfish that you are giving your toddler, don’t take a bite of that mac and cheese:) lol it is hard but worth it
- Indulge every now and then- I tend to go hardcore Monday through Friday and indulge a bit on the weekends. If you totally deprive yourself, you will want it more.
Hope this helps on your journey:)