Did you know that chronic skin disease and chronic ear infections in your pets can sometimes be a sign of a food allergy? Food allergies are very common in pets and it is generally the protein that they are allergic to. Pets can be on the same food their whole lives and suddenly develop a food allergy to their food. When I place my pet patients on a food trial for possible food allergies I always recommend a prescription diet from your veterinarian and a trial of at least 6 to 8 weeks to see if your pet will benefit from a hypoallergenic food. Speak with your veterinarian if you think your pet may have a food allergy.
My sisters and I are taking a family trip to Legoland next week for the grand opening of their new beach resort. Although we can’t wait for a little family time, the four hour drive with the kiddos is something we are all dreading. Driving long distances can be extremely challenging for small children and even harder for the parents. Here are some quick tips to help surviving a road trip.
- If your child is still napping, I highly suggest planning your trip so that you are traveling during the time of their nap. There is nothing more beautiful than the sounds of snoring during a long distance drive.
- If your child has a weak stomach, avoid screen time. Phones, iPads, and computers can cause motion sickness and lead to an unpleasant and messy ride.
- The best way to keep your child engaged is to give them a new toy or activity book that promotes independent play. It doesn’t have to be expensive, the dollar store has great coloring books and activities.
- If your child suffers from motion sickness, make sure the car is cold and that they are dressed lightly. Travel with a dry set of clothing as well as plastic bags and wipes.
- The most important tip for a road trip is to make sure that your child’s carseat is appropriately installed and that you are following the guidelines created by the American Board of Pediatrics for carseats.
I love affordable active wear! Don’t get me wrong, I also love a great pair of Lulu lemon pants. But affording them is another story. Old Navy always has amazing leggings. There prices are on point and they will last you forever! I also think Nordstrom’s active wear selection is terrific. Below are a few of my favorites!