Halloween is quickly approaching and I see many cases of chocolate toxicity at the animal hospital. Remember pets do not tolerate chocolate and can be extremely dangerous if not lethal if ingested in large consumptions. Theobromine is the active ingredient in chocolate that makes it toxic for pets. Chocolate liquor has the most theobromine followed by baking chocolate than semisweet and dark chocolate, than by milk chocolate, and lastly by chocolate flavored cakes or cookies.
Signs of chocolate toxicity include:
- Racing heart rhythm progressing to abnormal rhythms
- Death in severe cases
If your pet ingests any chocolate, please call your veterinarian immediately. For more detailed information on chocolate toxicity in pets, please click HERE. Have a great week everyone!
Does your child get recurrent ear infections? Some studies have shown that introducing a probiotic to their daily diet may help to reduce the amount of ear infections. Florastor has a low-risk profile and is also helpful to promote digestion.
It’s fall footwear time! Don’t worry, I am narrowing it down for you. Here are my picks for the 5 must have styles for your new fall shoe wardrobe. I love them all I just couldn’t pick one!