Hi everyone! If you are new to this blog, and haven’t read what FF Cooking Club is all about, please refer back to my prior post, FF Cooking Club.
I am sure no one is surprised that for our Valentine’s Day celebration every year, we cook a fancy meal and enjoy it at home. Don’t get me wrong, making a reservation at a fabulous restaurant is nice and romantic. You can’t beat the great food and atmosphere, and don’t have to worry about set up, clean up, and everything in between. I just am such a homebody and love trying to recreate a restaurant style and quality meals at home. To me, nothing shows your loved one how much you love them and appreciate them more than cooking a meal for them. Food for me is always a reflection of love and appreciation, which is what Valentine’s Day is all about. This Valentine’s Day, I am cooking a 5 course meal and every recipe is amazing. I think these recipes are so good, that I have a hard time believing we could get better if we went out to a restaurant. So what’s on the menu for Valentine’s Day?!
- I did this recipe blog as one of the first blogs when we first started Forever Freckled.
- This is my step mom’s recipe and I have NEVER had a better french onion soup anywhere.
- The key with this recipe is using beef base- it gives the soup a better flavor than traditional beef broth.
- The final preparation is crucial to this recipe as well. You must place the baguette on the bottom of the bowl, add the soup, place a second baguette on top, and smother with cheese.
- This is my favorite salad and something I always order at a restaurant.
- I know of all the lettuces, iceberg has the least nutrition, but it’s so refreshing, crunchy and delicious.
- The dressing is AMAZING and so easy to make.
- I love to make this salad when I host dinner parties. It’s always a fan pleaser.
- The gravy is INSANE- well done Giada (because she really cares about my opinion).
- You can use a different cut of beef, but it’s Valentine’s Day…do it up….get the Filet.
- I use a grill pan to cook the filet.
- Love love love this recipe and I promise it will not disappoint.
- LOVE this recipe- it’s a unique twist on the potato.
- It looks fancy and is a great pairing with the filet.
- I am sure if you have been following our blog, you have quickly picked up that I DO NOT BAKE.
- But this recipe is fail proof and so easy.
- I use semi-sweet chocolate because I like the flavor better than bittersweet.
- I like to place fruit on top and sprinkle powdered sugar.
- I am telling you, you need to make this. If you are a novice baker, this recipe will give you some confidence to keep baking.
Happy Valentine’s Day! Whatever your plans are, I wish everyone a wonderful and happy V-Day. Valentine’s Day is about showing your loved ones how much you love them and how much they are appreciated. I am so lucky to have the best family and friends and try and celebrate them everyday. Happy Cooking!!!