Spring has always been one of my favorite seasons. When I lived in NY, it truly was the best feeling to finally see an end to the bittery cold winter. It’s about time to pack up your winter clothes and pick out some great items to start your new spring wardrobe. This week I thought I would put together a list of my spring wardrobe essentials! This is just a starting point, but I think these are all basic pieces that are worthy of investing in for the 2015 spring season.
Spring Fashion 2015 Essentials
1. Outerwear. Must have #1 is a light trench coat. Since the majority of the country will still experience a few cold days during spring, you need a couple great options for outerwear. I love a classic light colored trench. Find one that has great hardware and will mesh well with almost anything in your closet. In addition to a basic trench, you should find a fun jacket as well. This pastel blue motorcycle jacket would look amazing paired with white distressed skinny jeans and a casual tee. The color is gorgeous and investing in a statement jacket is a great way to make your outfit stand out.
2. Since you can now officially show off your legs without freezing your tush off, you should definitely find a few great dresses that are versatile and can be used for many different occasions. For me, I like a well fitted black dress and an easy, comfy, throw it on swing dress. I picked basic colors such as grey and black because you can always change up your look with bold accessories from wear to wear.
3. Invest in some great bags. Go for a fun color or a bold print! It’s spring time, so why not?! Pastels are going to be the color for the season and your accessories are a great place to show off this trend. (Mint Clutch, Printed Floral Clutch)
4. Rose gold may be the new gold. It is hard for me to admit that because I love gold, but I fell in love with these amazing rose gold pumps. They are different and you are guaranteed to get lots of compliments. I also can’t get enough of these New Balance for JCrew sneakers! Now that I am pregnant, flats and espadrilles have become a staple in my life.
5. As for denim, make sure you have a great pair of white skinny jeans and a comfortable pair of cut off denim shorts. These are both solid pieces that you can build outfits around. I love a little distress to my denim but that is just a preference. They will also look good paired with those rose gold pumps. Side note- a lot of people are nervous to throw on heels with a great denim short, but don’t be! As long as your butt cheeks aren’t hanging out and you pair it with something a bit more covered up on top, like a comfy slouchy sweater, it will look well styled.
6. Is this not the cutest necklace ever?! It’s by LeBloc and I am sort of obsessed. Once my little boy is born, I am definitely going to buy one of these with his name on it (or make my hubby get me one)! You can customize them however you want as it comes in a few different metals. This is also a great gift idea!
7. For your accessories, you don’t need to spend $300 on a new pair of sunnies, but you should find a cool inexpensive pair with a lighter milky frame.
I hope this will be a great start to piecing together your spring fashion 2015 wardrobe!