We hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season! not too overwhelmed with all the check lists of things to do. Although this time of year can tend to be a bit crazy and stressful, it is important to remember the message of the holidays. But that may be something different for each person. For me, the holidays mean family, friends, memories, and showing the people you love how much you appreciate them. I love teaching this message to my children. One way we do show our appreciation is by having the kids help with all the gifts they give to people. One of our favorite gifts to give is anything do-it-yourself. We really enjoy making these reindeer hot chocolate DIY holiday gifts. So we wanted to share how we did it! Let’s get started.
Reindeer Hot Chocolate DIY Holiday Gifts
MATERIALS AND INGREDIENTS:
- Piping Bags
- Hot Chocolate Envelope or Cocoa Powder
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Mini Marshmallows
- Red Pom Pom Ball
- Wiggle Eyes
- Tan or Brown Pipe Cleaner
- Custom Note for the Gift Recipient
- Single Hole Punch
- Pour hot cocoa mix into piping bag all the way to bottom.
- Layer in mini chocolate chips.
- Add layer of marshmallows.
- Cinch the top of the bag and tie on a ribbon.
- Cut out a gift note and punch a hole in the top. Weave the ribbon through the hole and knot it to hold the gift tag in place
- Wrap a pipe cleaner around the bag, and shape it into antlers.
- Place wiggle eyes and glue a pom pom for Rudolph’s face.
- Trim off the excess piping bag above antlers.
This time of year, our kiddos get spoiled with gifts and attention. In all the gift receiving, it is important to teach our children that giving gifts, appreciating others, and showing your love is just as important.
Happy Holidays, everyone!