It’s hard to believe that it has been 2 years since we started Forever Freckled. It began with a small idea to create an all encompassing platform where parents and pet lovers could come to for advice. Being a parent is a tough. There’s no way to sugar coast it. We’re all just trying to be the best parents we possibly can be. As sisters we have always leaned on one another to get us through some of the hardest times. Our common goal was to share our sisterhood with you all and create a strong community of parents. Today we have re launched Forever Freckled.com and are so incredibly proud of what we have created together! We can’t wait for all thats to come and excited to create an even better experience for you all. We are so thankful for everyone’s support and the amazing followers that have been with us since day one. The three of us came up with questions that we thought our readers would want to hear!
What inspired you three to come together and start this blog?
- For years we have always been giving each other advice. Whether it is what I should wear for an anniversary dinner, how to break my child’s fever, or advice on my itchy dog. A big part of our sisterhood and relationships are about helping each other out. As we started to establish ourselves in our perspective medical fields, our friends, family and acquaintances began to reach out to us for medical advice. That is how Forever Freckled began. We wanted to establish a place where people could go to and get quality sound advice, while demonstrating the love and bond of sisterhood.
What is your favorite thing to do to relax and unwind?
- We are so lucky that we live in south Florida and are able to take advantage of the beautiful beaches. If we are not in the hospital or styling for a photo shoot, you can find us on the beach with our kids, enjoying an early dinner, and a glass of wine.
What’s one moment in your motherhood journey that has made you proud?
- I think ultimately all our goals as parents are to raise polite, hardworking, well adjusted, healthy, honest, confident, independent, good natured children. I think I can say for all 3 of us that when our children show kindness to other people and animals, dedication and pride when they have accomplished a goal they were working hard to achieve, and demonstrate sympathy and passion, we are very proud. Oh and of course when they show us unsolicited love.
What is one piece of advice you want to pass along to your children?
- We are all very passionate about what we do in life, whether that is on our careers or as mothers. I think to be successful at anything you must have passion first for what you are pursuing followed with hard work, dedication, and the will not to give up. I think I can answer for all of us when I say that we would love to pass along to our children to peruse what you love, dedicate yourself, and do not give up. You can accomplish anything you set your mind and body to do. We hope to serve as role models of that for our children.
What is one piece of advice you would pass along to other moms?
- Do what feels right and works for you in regards to parenting. Every child is different, every person works differently, people have different views and experiences in their lives. Do not get caught up with what people tell you to do or what should be done. Do not get wrapped up in the guilt that you are not doing something properly, or someone told you this way. If our end goal is to love, enjoy, and raise healthy, honest, confident, independent, good natured children, than your way is what is best for you and your family. And most importantly to enjoy motherhood. These days of having young children that need and adore us so much goes by so quickly. I know it is so cliché but it is just so true. So try and trade out moments of stress and feeling overwhelmed for moments of happiness and humor.
How do you tackle the work/life balance?
- To be honest, I don’t try to achieve balance but rather live happily unbalanced. I live in the moment and try to the best at whatever I am doing. When I am home with my kids, I give 100% of myself to them. When I am in the hospital, I try to be the best doctor I can possibly be. There are definitely days where I feel overwhelmed and “unbalanced” but I know there is always a new day. Oh yes and of course coffee! Lots and lots of coffee!
As three sisters living close to one another, what’s your favorite thing to do together?
- It’s been amazing living so close to each other and watching all our children grow up with our their cousins. We do so much together as sisters, like shopping ,lunches, or fun dinners, but I would have to say that the best thing is getting everyone (and I mean all the hubbies, grandparents, and kids) together. It usually is for a Sunday dinner at one of our homes. It’s just watching all the children run around and have fun with each other that is what we love the most. It is complete chaos and insanity, and we definitely rotate who’s house it will be at, but nothing is better.
If there was one thing you could take from your sisters closet, what would it be?
- Alison: “I would steal Katie’s grey channel purse”
- Katie: ” Carrie’s extensive collection of jeans”
What is your favorite thing about each other?
- Alison: I love Katie’s passion and her reasonable calm perspective on things. I love Carrie’s carefree nature and love of experiencing great things and making amazing memories.
- Katie: I love Carrie’s incredible eye for fashion and her passion for motherhood. I love that Alison always dreams big and her insane ability to balance it all!
What annoys you about each other?
- Alison: Carrie wants to be on vacation all the time, and Katie can talk too much and drag out stories forever (hahaha love you guys….don’t be mad)
- Katie: Definitely Alison’s early morning texts with the things we need to accomplish that day and how quickly Carrie gets stressed out from Alison’s early morning texts with the things we need to accomplish that day.
What’s the best piece of advice you’ve gotten from one another?
- We are so all so close yet have completely different personalities. Alison is super personality type A and a bit stressed at times, Katie is a bit unorganized laid back, and can lose track of things, and Carrie is the perfect balance between. I think each of our differences is constantly reminding each other to relax a bit, or be more responsible at times, but most importantly enjoy the moments. It’s a fun and unique balance that we all take away from each other.