Hi Everyone! Miss me?! I am back after a week off from giving birth to my little man Jax. I can’t believe it’s almost been 14 days since his arrival. I don’t even remember what life was like without him. He has definitely fit right into our family, although my dog Newman would beg to differ…he’s not handling his new little brother quite so well! But good thing my sister Alison has given me some great tips on how to help him adjust. In a couple of weeks, I’ll be writing a blog about my personal journey through pregnancy and delivery with some tips and advice I have picked up along the way! But this week I wanted to get back to one of my favorite topics…beauty.
It has been way too long since I shared with you our FF beauty picks of the month. We certainly have quite a few to recommend. I love these blogs because again its always hard for me to shop for beauty products. My sisters always give me great advice on what products I should try and in turn I can share it with all of you! So for the month of August here are our top 6 picks to try. We hope you love them just as much as we do.
1. Clinique even better eyes. Okay if you saw what my eyes looked like right now you would understand why I love this product so much! After a full two weeks of ZERO sleep, this product has been my savior. I use it day and night. Whenever I get a chance I apply this underneath my eyes. It helps with the puffiness and it definitely helps to reduce the dark circles that have developed since Jax arrived.
2. Smashbox photo finish Foundation Primer. Best kept secret! You use this product after you apply your moisturizer and before you apply your foundation. It really does enhance the look and feel of your foundation. It is extremely light weight and helps to hold your makeup in place through out the day. Great product.
3. Peter Roth Vitamin C Brightening Mask. This is the perfect treatment to add to your bedtime routine. You apply the mask to your face before you head to bed and it nourishes your skin while you are sleeping. You will wake up with skin that feels smoother and much more hydrated!
4. Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Creme. My sister Katie swears by this product! All 3 of us have very different types of hair. Katie loves this product because it battles the Florida frizz and leaves her hair feeling mush lighter. She has tried many hair products and highly recommends using this styling creme if you want to add more gloss and shine to your hair.
5. Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Cream. Along with the Clinique even better eyes, I use this cream as well. I need all the help I can get with these dark circles. This is a multitasking hydrating eye cream that helps to restore firmness and diminish the look of lines and wrinkles. It also provides a great base when applying your under eye makeup!
6. Bare Minerals Powder Foundation. I have never been a huge fan of foundation. I either go with a tinted moisturizer or a very light foundation. I hate the look of a caked on face! I started using Bare Minerals not too long ago and I absolutely LOVE their foundation. It goes on so light and I never feel like I am wearing tons of makeup. It provides the perfect base for the rest of my makeup. Other cream foundations have always felt so heavy to me and left my skin feeling oily. This has the complete opposite affect and will give your face a much softer appearance. All 3 of us use their products and love them!
Enjoy the recommendations! Have a great week everyone.