It’s hard to believe that another year has past and we are days away from celebrating New Year’s! One of my favorite holidays of the year. Although you won’t find us partying in South Beach, Alison will be hosting her traditional low key get together with friends at her house. It’s actually so nice to not have to spend hundreds of dollars on dinner out and go through the trouble of finding an outfit for the evening. The kids have a blast hanging with us at home and we definitely find a way to make it fun for the adults too.
To keep the kids busy and feel included, here is a super easy and fun project to do with them on NYE. As the parents are sipping champagne, the kids now have a fun DIY that involves them in the NYE celebrating too.
DIY Milk Shots:
- Round Sprinkles
- White Chocolate (I would get this at Michael’s in the candy aisle)
- Shot Glasses (We used mini mason jars and they were so cute!)
- Melt white or dark chocolate in a bowl in the microwave
- Dip your shot glass upside down in to the bowl of chocolate so it sticks to just the top of the rim
- Dip your shot glass in to the bowl of round sprinkles so they stick to the rim of white chocolate
- Put shot glasses in the fridge for an hour or two to harden
- Pour milk in and your done!
That’s it guys! 4 ingredients and you have it all. The kids will have a lot of fun making these with you and is something fun they can can look forward to drinking at midnight! Or your fake midnight at 9pm lol 🙂
Here are some pictures of us making them with the little ones. Enjoy and have a wonderful and happy New Years!
Carrie, Katie and Alison