Question: The mornings are always hectic and crazy for me when I am getting ready to leave the house. With the kids running around, I barely have a few moments to get myself ready. Since I don’t have time to do a full face of makeup, do you have recommendations on a quick makeup routine?
Answer: Yes I do and I can totally relate. My son is usually grabbing on to my legs in the morning so he doesn’t give me much time for myself either. When I am trying to do a quick makeup routine and I immediately grab these 5 items. I usually steer away from doing any eye shadow or eye liner. Those steps take longer so I try to stick with the basics. I put them on in this order below, just in case I get interrupted by my little one 🙂
- Tinted moisturizer by Bobbi Brown. It’s super light and has a really pretty shimmer to it. It’s much better than a full face of foundation. You won’t feel like your face is caked in makeup.
- Next, I apply a small bit of Bobbi Brown bronzer to my cheekbones and t-zone. This is to cover the fact that I am super pale! I have been using this bronzer since I was in high school. LOVE.
- Since I am not applying eye shadow or eyeliner, I feel that a good mascara is a must. It will open your eyes and give you more volume. This one is by Too Faced and is called “Better Than Sex.”
- My favorite brow pencil ever is by Anastasia! Your brows are just as important as the other parts of your face. I try to fill mine in and make them appear more prominent. The pencil comes in various colors so you can match to your hair color exactly.
- The highlighter is the last step. It will add a tiny bit of glimmer to your face. Brightens everything up and is the perfect finishing touch. This one is by Benefit. You just need a few dabs to your cheekbones and you’re done.
I hope this helps and gives you some helpful advice on how to put together a quick and easy makeup routine. Thanks!