I have always been obsessed with accessorizing my outfits before leaving my house. My accessories are the ultimate finishing touch. They are the items that pull it all together. From bold costume jewelry to a great printed scarf, you can find unique items for fall that can add some more fun to your wardrobe. A lot of people neglect the effect that accessories can have on your final ensemble.
I love everything about the fall. Although I don’t get to watch the seasons change anymore, on rare occasions I get to pull out my leather boots and my printed DVF scarf. I love taking my most basic outfits and transforming them by throwing on a few key accessories.
For example- take your most basic out for fall. The perfect skinny jeans + a comfy boyfriend t-shirt + suede ankle booties. To accessorize, you can start by layering on a few gold necklaces, throw on a great watch, add a bold printed scarf such as an animal or geo print, add a pop of color with a big oversized bag, and finish the look with a funky poncho or a jewel toned cardigan. All of these items will pull your outfit together and make a basic look appear way more exciting.
A scarf to me is an essential for the fall season. You can wear them in so many ways! When living in New York, I always kept an extra scarf handy in my bag. In case I was cold, I would just wrap it around me. I love this post on how to wear scarves for any season. They aren’t just for the cold weather ya know! There are so many cool ways to wear them. Try on a new style!
My collage this week is a grouping of some of my favorite fall accessories that I think you should invest in. As always these are just guidelines and pieces I love. But to narrow it down and give you a good starting point I would focus on these 5 items:
- Either some booties or a cool slip on riding boot. Invest in a couple comfortable pairs for fall. I recommend doing one heel and one flat. That way you have two options depending on your mood.
- A couple great scarves and a poncho. Go with a neutral scarf as well as a printed one.
- Some new costume jewelry. You don’t need to spend much on costume jewelry to find some cool pieces.
- A colored bag. I love maroon for the fall. It always looks so pretty paired with grey and beige tones.
- A neutral hat. Love the one in my collage with the gold embellishments!