Hi everyone! I don’t know about you, but I am getting super excited for the 4th of July! I am obsessed with the holidays, and any excuse for a theme, to celebrate, and be with family and friends is amazing in my book. As tradition, our family hosts a big 4th of July BBQ. Since having the twins, hosting has become a bit more challenging, so I LOVE to ask family and friends to bring something to the party. Today, I am going to recommend my favorite potluck 4th of July recipes that are easy for anyone to make. Hopefully, one (or more) of these will become your go-to for 4th of July festivities!
So What’s On The Menu?
- This appetizer is by far everyone’s favorite. In fact, my brother-in-law, Matt, will not come to one of our parties unless these pizza pockets are being served.
- The preparation is tedious, so I like to make these the night before. Then just pop them in the oven the day of the party.
- Serve with warmed up marinara sauce (buy ready-made to make it simple).
- This kitchen tool, the empanada press, made making the pockets a million times easier. It’s an awesome kitchen tool for not only these appetizers but for any empanada recipe.
- I have been making this dish for YEARS! It is one of my absolute favorites!
- I purchase frozen, peeled, deveined, tail-off medium shrimp in a bag and defrost under warm (not hot) water. The recipe calls for the tails on but I definitely like it without the tails.
- It’s so easy and amazing!
- I serve this dish with small baguettes and crackers.
- You must have bruschetta.
- The flavors are so simple and delicious.
- The shrimp makes it a bit fancy.
- This appetizer is definitely a crowd pleaser.
- I make these gems often for parties.
- Ree’s ingredient recommendations are perfect, but you can always play around and add what you like to the potatoes – that is part of the fun of this recipe!
- These potatoes are easy because you prepare them at home and just place them in the oven when you get to where you are going.
- EVERYONE loves a good twice baked potato.
Final Thoughts on My Favorite 4th of July Recipes
So many people are hosting BBQs on the 4th. And it is a great holiday for good food, fun, and excitement. Hopefully these 4th of July recipes will help take a little pressure off of the cooking part of your BBQ and allow more of the fun and excitement! I hope everyone has a great holiday and enjoys the celebrations, the excitement of the fireworks, and, of course, time with friends and family – and don’t forget your favorite pets! I can’t wait to have our family BBQ for the 4th – we can even see the Fort Lauderdale fireworks display from our backyard, which is always fun. Enjoy celebrating, and Happy Birthday, America!