Is your pet prepared for the Fourth of July weekend? Pets can become extremely scared and anxious from the sounds of the fireworks. Here are a few safety tips to make sure you and your pet are prepared.
- If you can, transport your dog and cat to a place where you know will be quiet and away from fireworks
- Make sure your pet has a place in your home that is quiet, isolated, and they feel safe
- If your pet exhibits extreme anxiety from the sounds of explosion, contact your veterinarian for mild sedatives or anti anxiety medications that can be given
- Do not take your pet to firework exhibits- even if you feel they will react fine
- Be careful with BBQ’s and lots of people- this is a common time where I see a lot of upset stomachs, vomiting, and diarrhea from eating different foods.
People underestimate not only how dangerous a grill can be but also how dangerous the tools required to grill can be. It is imperative that children and pets are kept far away from the grill area at all times. A important tip is to declare a 4-foot “kid-free zone” around the grill. Make sure the children’s table is at a safe distance away from cooking areas, and that there are no toys or activities occurring in close proximity to the grill. The accessories used to cook such as spatulas, food thermometers, tongs, and grill forks can cause deep cuts requiring stitches, and serious burns if hot off the grill. Please keep these items, and any gas, oil, charcoal, lighters or lighter fluid out of the reach of children. Hanging these accessories on the BBQ or placing them on a side table provides easy access and may result in serious injury. Have a happy and safe Forth of July.
People always ask me where I get my t-shirts. I live in tees during the day and am extremely particular about the cut and quality of them. I have searched high and low for the perfect fit. My favorite and always faithful go to store for t-shirts is Old Navy. They wash and wear so well which is important to me since I wear them so often. Below are a few of my favorite styles! Happy 4th everyone.