One of the many advantages of having sisters is that you are able to share beauty tips and product recommendations. Between the three of us, we have definitely tried our fair share of beauty products. Discovering these products can be a process with a lot of trial and error. Some will work and some will end up being a waste of money. But don’t worry, we’ve saved you the trouble and we’re here to give you all of our sisterly advice! We all have very similar skin tone and type, so it makes sharing that much easier. I thought it would be a great blog for each of us to give our top “can’t live without” beauty products. We have been using these items for years and highly recommend checking them out.
- Buxom Lip Glosses: Obsession! Always keep one in your purse. It can be hard to find a lip gloss that isn’t sticky or that will stay on your lips for a long period of time. This brand does just that. It also gives you that plumping effect without the awful tingling sensation that some other brands have.
- Mary-Lou Manizer: This is one of Alison’s favorite highlighters to use after you apply your makeup. Apply to the top of your cheekbones, to the corner of your inner eyes, and down the bridge of your nose. It will add a subtle glow and it never looks overdone!
- Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Roller: This is a very easy and inexpensive solution to dark circles. My sister Katie always talks about how amazing this product is and it’s under $10.00! In addition to reducing dark circles, it also provides a bit of shimmer and brightens up your eyes.
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer: Not many women use a primer when applying their makeup. Well they should! Every makeup artist that I have been to highly recommends using a primer. This product is extremely lightweight and smooths out your imperfections and blemishes before putting on your foundation. Katie loves it because it gives her a skin a little extra shine. It will also make your makeup last longer throughout the day!
- Dior Diorskin Nude Concealer: I literally have tried every under eye concealer on the market. I am constantly trying to cover up my dark circles. This is the ultimate eye concealer. It’s lightweight and melts in to your skin. It doesn’t sit into your creases like other concealers do. I can’t live without this product!
- Kate Somerville Age Arrest Moisturizer: Kate Somerville makes incredible products. Out of her entire beauty line, this is by far my favorite. I apply this every morning and night after I wash my face. My skin always feels incredibly smooth when I wear it. I also love the jar it comes in! You push down to eject the exact amount of cream you want, which is a great hygienic feature to the product.
Hope you enjoyed all the great beauty tips!