My clients are always asking me, “What are the best and safest toys to give to my dog?” Here is what I recommend for your pets;
My Toy Picks:
- Very hard rubber toys, such as Nylabone®-type products and Kong®-type products
- “Rope” toys
- Tennis balls make great dog toys, but keep an eye out for any that could be chewed through, and discard them once this happen.
- “Busy-box” toys are large rubber cubes with hiding places for treats. Only by moving the cube around with his nose, mouth and paws can your dog get to the goodies.
- Dirty laundry, such as an old T-shirt, pillowcase, towel or blanket, can be very comforting to a dog, however these items could be destroyed by industrious fluffing, carrying, and nosing.
Toys to Avoid:
- Soft stuffed toys are good for several purposes, but they aren’t appropriate for all dogs. They can tear apart and swallow the stuffing.
- Remove string, ribbon, rubber bands, children’s toys, pantyhose and anything else that could be swallowed.
- Chose toys should be appropriate for your dog’s size. Balls and other toys that are too small can easily be swallowed or become lodged in your dog’s throat.
- Toys with “squeaker” buried in its center. Dogs like to destroy the source of the squeaking, and could ingest it.
- Hard bones and raw hides- chewing on these type toys can cause harm to the enamel or fracture your pets teeth
Tamiflu is one of the only medications that we have to help shorten and decrease the symptoms of the flu. However, the most frequently reported side effect with the use of tamiflu is nausea and vomiting. Over the past few days, I have seen many children in the Emergency Room with the complaint of vomiting after starting tamiflu. Please consider this when starting this medication and ask your provider to prescribe a anti-nausea medication to take with it. Elderberry is an amazing alternative medication that helps with the symptoms and duration of the flu but doesn’t cause as many side effects.
I have been searching for a skin care system for the past few months. I wanted to find something that was inexpensive, easy to use and felt light on my skin. Well thank you Alison for the best birthday present. It’s called boots No.7 protect and skincare system. It comes with a serum, day moisturizer and a night moisturizer. This is exactly what I was looking for! And I have been getting a lot of compliments lately on well my skin looks! Definitely try it. Worth the money.