In the New Year I have made a promise to myself to eat breakfast every morning. I am definitely one of the many that skip breakfast and start their days. I am sure we have all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day a million times. Well here’s a quick summary of why and a great link to some easy healthy breakfasts.
- WEIGHT LOSS-Breakfast gets your metabolism going- studies show people who eat breakfast weigh less and battle less with obesity
- DISEASE PREVENTION- starting your day with breakfast helps prevent against heart disease, diabetes, and obesity
- MEMORY/IMPROVED CONCENTRATION- studies show eating breakfast improves memory and cognitive function
- ENERGY- eating breakfast increases your energy throughout the day
I love this link for great, quick, heathy breakfast suggestions. I am OBSESSED with the avocado on wheat toast. Yummy!!
2016 is the year for health and happiness! I am trying to keep your families as healthy as possible in the new year. Although I think it is important for everyone to get a flu shot, I know every family is unique with different needs and thoughts about the vaccine. People ask me all the time does my child absolutely need the flu shot. Here are my absolute musts for the flu shot
- If there is any child in the household that is less than 6 months. Unfortunately babies under the age of 6months can’t get the flu shot, but it can be deadly if they caught this virus. So it is important that everyone else of age in the family gets the vaccine to protect their new addition.
- If your child has a preexisting condition such as Asthma or Diabetes, it is an absolute must!!
Hey Everyone! This week is closet clean out week. I can’t even believe how many things I have in my closet that I never wear. My rule is that if I haven’t worn it in a year, it’s time to go! I love all these great tips from In Style on how to organize your closet. I have also found that consignment is a great way to not only get rid of your clothes but make some money on the side as well. I send stuff that I no longer use to this really great consignment shop in Minneapolis. They are very professional and I have actually made some pretty great money doing so! Have a great week.