I hope everyone had an awesome Hanukkah and Christmas and are gearing up for New Year’s Eve. We routinely have a NYE party at our house every year. We cook dinner and have a mock NYE for the kids, then put them to sleep and continue the drinking and festivities. One of our favorite things to do is play Right Left Center. If you have never played, you must check it out. This year we are doing a potluck Tapas New Year’s Eve Party which should be fun. Everyone is responsible for bringing 2 or 3 of their favorite appetizers and we all enjoy. With all of us having so many children and the chaos and stress of the holidays, it’s fun to do something casual and fun with family and friends. A potluck tapas party is a great way to have lots of food, yet make it a bit more relaxed and casual for everyone.
So What’s On The Menu For Our Tapas New Year’s Eve Party?
- These are delicious and easy to make
- The soup can be made the night before and heated up the day of
- The presentation is so fun in little shot glasses and makes it look fancy
- You can prepare any type of soup and present it this way
- The dipping sauce for these are amazing and very festive
- The only high maintenance part of this is the frying but it is totally worth it
- This version of Swedish meatballs is a bit of a different take on your traditional meatball and it’s delicious and worth the extra work
- You must have bruschetta at a tapas party
- The flavors are so simple and delicious
- The shrimp makes it a bit fancy
- This app is definitely a crowd pleaser
- I am so excited about this drink
- It’s NYE! You have to make a fun drink!
I am excited to see what everyone else brings, and will be posting a follow-up cooking club post with all the apps that we loved. I am wishing everyone a safe and wonderful New Year’s Eve celebration and New Year. 2016 has definitely had its trials and tribulations, as well as unbelievable joys and pride, which has truly changed me forever. I am wishing for health, happiness, and to celebrate what is truly important in life…..family and friends. Happy New Year everyone:)