Hi everyone! Well as much as I hate to acknowledge it, the summer is almost here. hahahaha! We Floridians do not need Memorial Day to acknowledge the season’s presence. Oh no! The 100% humidity, afternoon showers, mosquitoes, and beautiful hair screams summer is here. If you have been following our blog, you all know summer is not my favorite season. This summer I get to experience the joys of my third trimester with twins which should be lovely. So, in true “Alison” fashion, to make situations fun and exciting, I like to entertain. This Memorial Day will be no different and we are looking forward to a full day of swimming, boating, hanging out, and eating.
So What’s On The Menu This Memorial Day?
Hamburgers and Hotdogs
- Obviously you need your traditional hamburgers and hotdogs at your “All American” Memorial Day BBQ
- This hamburger recipe always results in moist perfect burgers
- I recommend cooking them on your traditional BBQ (however if you do not have one, a grill pan works just perfectly)
- Something fun to do to spruce up your standard hamburger/hotdog menu is lay out a whole display of all the awesome toppings for your guests and go overboard (saute onions, mushrooms and peppers, different cheeses, an array of mustards and ketchups, mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickles, and NEVER leave out the sauerkraut for the hotdogs)
- I think it’s always fun to add an additional “not as common” main dish to a BBQ to really raise the bar.
- This recipe is awesome and easy
- However, I must give credit where credit is deserved- my brother in law Matt has an INSANE BBQ rib recipe that has become famous in our family. But, he will not tell ANYONE the recipe. Top secret!! So, I will continue to ask and beg for the recipe and hopefully one day I will be blogging about it. Do not hold your breath! He’s pretty hardcore about his secret recipe.
- delicious, easy, and one of my favorite recipes
- you can serve this at room temperature or cold
- I like to make this the day before- the longer it marinates in the dressing the better it tastes
- My sister in law also makes this recipe for her family and it’s a 100% crowd pleaser guaranteed
- You can leave the lobster out and the recipe is still unbelievable, however…..don’t be crazy, that’s what makes it special
- Another recipe that my family and I love
- It’s easy enough to buy the store bought potato salad and is completely acceptable
- I just love this recipe and making it home made is always appreciated
- I like to make this the day before as well and make things easier for me
Macaroni Salad, Chips, Salsa, Salami, and Cheeses
- These items are another great thing to ask guests to bring
- They do not need to be home made and it’s easy for people to grab at the store
- Munchies all day while swimming and boating is a must;)
- I leave this one to the guests. People love to bring things to parties and always ask what they can bring. Make your life easier, ask everyone to bring deserts.
- I do like to have the freezer stocked with different ice cream flavors. Everyone likes to bring cakes and cookies. Yummy delicious ice cream is always a great compliment to deserts. Buy all the fun toppings for an ice cream sundae, or asks your guests to bring, and set up a cute display for the kids (and the adults….let’s be honest, no one can pass up an ice cream sundae) PLUS, it’s Memorial Day! What’s more American than ice cream?
Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone. I hope you all have a great, safe weekend, and celebrate with family and friends. My amazing cousins, Shea and Kyle, are both in the armed services and are nothing less than heroes. I thank them and everyone who is dedicated and gives their lives to our country to secure our freedoms and liberties. Gratitude and thanks just do not express accurately how much we appreciate what you do. Happy Memorial Day Everyone!